Dunbia Meats Factory Extension
Project Title: Dunbia Meats Factory Extension
Award Date: March 2012
Client Details: Dunbia Meats Wales
Completion Date: Oct 2012
Project Value: £950K
Our Contract required the supply, delivery, installation, testing, commissioning, and certification of all necessary materials and equipment required to provide a complete electrical services installation to the extension and refurbished factory We were required to liaise with Western Power staff in order to modify the high voltage distribution systems to site.
The Electrical Services to be provided under this contract included the following:-
- Cabling between HV switchgear and New Transformer.
- LV cable installation between transformer and main switchboard..
- Installation of LV switchboards.
- Modification of existing LV switchboards.
- LV Distribution.
- Installation of PFC Equipment.
- Installation of UPS Unit
- Trunking & Tray Installation.
- Energy Efficient General & Emergency Lighting Installation.
- Energy Efficient External Lighting including security lighting, car park lighting, and street lighting controlled by time clocks and daylight sensors.
- General purpose socket outlet and fixed power installation.
- Fire Alarm System.
- Cat 6 and Cat 6 Screened Cabling Installation.
- Fibre Cable Installation.
- Power Supply to Computer Installation.
- CCTV and Card Access Installation.
- Metering of Defined Circuits
- Services for Mechanical Engineers including connection of all extract fans, pumps, manifolds, motorised valves, control stats necessary for the complete and proper running of the ventilation and heating systems.
- Disabled Toilet Call System.
- Dado Trunking Installation.
- Supply of “As Fitted” drawings.
- The complete electrical testing and verification of the electrical installation including the supply of all Test Schedules and Certificates.
The Production facility remained active throughout the contract period and required careful planning of works to ensure no disruption of operations particularly when connecting new installation into existing services.